The Gospel of John
Please fill in the blanks. The answers are found in the verse just above each question. The first two are completed as an example.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
1. Jesus Christ is the Word.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3
2. Jesus Christ made all things.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12
3. As many as _________ him became the sons of God, even to them that ________ on his name.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14
4. Jesus Christ became a human like us. The Word was made ______.
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. John 1:29
5. Jesus Christ can take away the ____ of the world.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
6. God so ______ the world, that he _____ his _____ begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in ____ should not _______, but have ____________ life.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:19
7. People love darkness because their deeds are ____.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. Jn 3:36
One who believes on the ____ has everlasting life. One who does not believe on the Son shall not ____ life.
…Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world. John 4:42
9. Jesus Christ is the ________ of the world.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24
He that heareth my _____, and _________ on him that sent me,
hath ____________ life.
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29
11. ____ that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and ______ come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of _____; and they that have _____ _____, unto the resurrection of __________.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47
12. He that believeth on me hath ___________ _____.
Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me? John 7:19
Moses gave the law (including the Ten Commandments), yet no one keeps the ____.
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. John 10:9
14. Jesus Christ is the _____.
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. John 10:11
15. Jesus Christ is the _____ shepherd who gave his _____ for the sheep.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26
16. Jesus Christ is the resurrection and the _____.
She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world. John 11:27
17. Jesus Christ is the ____ of God.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6
18. Jesus Christ is the way, the _____, and the life.
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3
19. Eternal life is knowing the only true God [the Father], and ______ _______ who was sent.
… Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst. John 19:17-18
20. Jesus Christ died on the cross because they __________ him.
And he [John] that saw it [the crucifixion of Christ] bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. John 19:35
21. John saw the crucifixion of Christ and gave a record (account) of it that we might ________.
For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he [Jesus] must rise again from the dead. John 20:9
22. Once he finished paying for our sins on the cross, Jesus Christ would _____ ______ from the dead.
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
23. John was written that I might _______ that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that _________ I might have ______ through his name.
Friend, have you ever taken time to admit your sins to God and trust Jesus Christ as your Savior?
Will you take time today and talk to the Lord in prayer?
Circle all that apply:
I completed this Gospel of John study and would like more: Yes No
I realize I am a sinner and now trust Jesus Christ as my Saviour. Yes No
I would like information about attending church. Yes No
I would like a Bible. Yes No
I would like someone to pray for me. Yes No
My name is: ________________________
My contact information is: _________________________________________
Thank you for taking the time to complete this study.
Please return this study to:
Fellowship Baptist Church
20 North Stacy Avenue
Miles City, Montana 59301
PDF Gospel of John Study Page 1
PDF Gospel of John Study Page 2
Home About Us Answers Bible Study Bookstore Christian Living Contact God & Country Good News
Evangelism Family & Home Prophecy Radio Show Espanol